On Day 1, thanks to the support of our colleagues from Anthropocene Institute, TerraPraxis was a sponsor of this amazing event, where incredible things took place, such as our groundbreaking keynote address on Day 1, by our Co-CEOs, Kirsty Gogan and Eric Ingersoll.
Fast, Low Cost, Repeatable: Designing The Global Coal Repowering System
• Deep dive into the fast, low cost, and repeatable coal plant conversion system to re-purpose trillions of dollars of existing infrastructure to continue supplying reliable energy - without emissions
• Understand purpose-driven digital tools and data exchange infrastructure to standardize and optimize procurement, investment, and regulatory approval to accelerate affordable repowering of the global coal fleet with SMRs
• Gain exclusive insights to drive towards high-certainty schedules and budgets to drive confident investments, whilst decarbonizing hundreds of coal plants per year to eliminate almost one-third of global net annual CO2 emissions or around 15 billion tonnes of CO2 from the planet per year
On Day 2, TerraPraxis was joined by expert speakers for a session on:
Recommissioning Sites & Re-Engaging People
· Identify how to re-engage existing industrial communities who already recognize the central role that energy production can play in their communities to encourage support for suitable siting of SMRs and expedite deployment
· Where existing coal infrastructure can be salvaged, decommissioned industrial communities can avoid economic ruin – learn how industry can work with communities to utilize alternative and old production sites and provide jobs, security, and purpose
· A curated panel in partnership with the Anthropocene Institute, a forum to connect entrepreneurs, investors, and thought leaders to solve our climate emergency
Speakers: Adam Stein, Director, Nuclear Energy Innovation Program, The Breakthrough Institute; Kirsty Gogan, Co-CEO, TerraPraxis; Christine King, Director, Gateway for Acceleration in Nuclear Initiative
Moderator: Leslie Dewan, CEO, RadiantNano
This session was possible thanks to the sponsorship of Anthropocene Institute
TerraPraxis was also thrilled to attend our partners' session featuring Cormac Ryan, Industry Principal, AVEVA:
Scaling Technological Innovation & Accelerating the Repowering of Coal Plants
• Gain insight into how digital strategies at scale across the full asset life cycle can be supported, from project, site operations and fleet operations.
• Understand how to address critical requirements and configuration management needs from new modular designs, manufacturing and construction approaches.
• Hear how efforts can be accelerated in the repowering of coal plants using nuclear heat sources.