The participants received a theoretical foundation on the most important research and technology development areas of the innovative nuclear energy systems and familiarized with the modern physical models and simulation codes for the design and safety analysis of the advanced nuclear reactors and related fuel cycles.
The workshop engaged and stimulated young scientists, researchers, and engineers currently involved in nuclear reactors research, as well as students interested in the field.
- Global scenarios for nuclear energy;
- Innovative reactor concepts and fuel cycle options;
- Reactor physics of innovative nuclear energy systems;
- Thermal hydraulics of innovative nuclear energy systems;
- Status of advanced primary components and development and qualification of structural materials, coolants, and fuels;
- Passive safety systems and other safety technologies;
- Safety analysis including severe accident scenarios;
- Advanced reactor modelling and simulation; and
- Status of research and technology development in support of innovative reactor and fuel cycle technologies.
Watch Chirayu Batra's lectures: